Background Information and History
"Villiersdorp Moskonfyt en Vrugtekoöperasie Beperk" was inaugurated on 28 January 1922 with the main purpose to produce "moskonfyt" (grape must jam). In 1980 the name was changed to Villiersdorp Co-operative Ltd and in 1990, after amalgamation with the Harmonie Co-op the trade name VILKO were generally in use.
In the early years the co-op’s main business was centred around the winery but nowadays deciduous fruit farming is the mainstream agricultural activity in our service areas.
Our core business is therefore mainly concentrated on value adding for its members by supplying farming requisites to the fruit farmers.
Villiersdorp Co-operative still owns a minority share in the Villiersdorp Winery.
Our vision is to enhance product and service delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby fulfil a value adding roll for our members so that every stakeholder can reap benefit on the long run from our existence.
Honesty and integrity
Clients and personnel are our most important assets
Maintaining and expanding long term relationships with key suppliers
Recognition to the people that work for us
Creating a culture of continuous improvement
Equal opportunities for all
Board of Directors
Mr. Timo Le Roux (Chairman)
Mr. Johan Roux (Vice Chairman)
Mr. Ean von Buddenbrock
Mr. James Rawbone-Viljoen
Mr. Ross Philip
Mr. Willem Viljoen
Mr. Richard Myburgh
Mr. J.C. Roux (Chairman)
Mr. T. Le Roux
Mr. W.G.W. Viljoen
Mr. R. Philip
Mr. B. Klindt (General Manager)
Mrs. N. Louw (Admin/Finance Manager)
Villiersdorp Co-operative Directors serving on Villiersdorp Cellar Board
Mr. J. Roux